Thursday 12 January 2017

Quayquilter night

One of our members along with her partner does a lot of professional photography work and we are lucky to have them take pictures of our raffle quilt for publicity purposes. I took in my quilt stand to hang it on and many of us took the opportunity to take pictures. It's Gwenfai Rees Griffiths' "Houston Stars" pattern which appeared in British Patchwork and Quilting magazine a number of years ago (2003?) as a part work. Trish masterminded it and Mavis and I were her assistants but everyone in the group has contributed blocks. It's the first one not to have been hand quilted. We shall be selling tickets and displaying it at our quilt show in June in aid of a meningitis charity as we lost a dear member to this illness last year.
This is my photograph. I have another full on one but the colours appear garish in it which they are not!
Quay quilters Raffle Quilt

Hilary showed the quilt she made in time for Christmas - we loved the rick rack and the use of printed pictures and Pauline showed a charity quilt her daughter started using scraps backed with a fleece throw. After the first three rows it was down to Pauline to complete it! On which subject Mary B. bound two Linus quilts for me over the holiday which I collected. Pictures to follow anon.
Hilary's Christmas quilt which I'm sure will get a lot of use over the years.

Quilt for Linus, cuddly and soft.




1 comment:

Julie Fukuda said...

So very nice. I am always attracted to those quilts that combine different sized blocks.