Sunday 3 January 2016

Looking back, looking forward

I was somewhat dismayed to see how few quilts I made last year seeing how much time I spend sewing but then realised I hadn't updated my finishes list which I've now rectified. I'll leave it till I have my first finish of 2016. I have several items nearing completion and lots of sewn components. I intend  not to  leave any 2016 start ups unfinished.
Currently I'm sewing the binding of my Bonnies feathered star quit and I've framed log jam blocks from a Sisters workshop in an offset fashion and am currently sewing and joining rows.
Two block versions


Blocks laid out
The workshop involved improv. log cabin blocks from a bag of scraps - we had various options including plains and batiks but I opted for these bright modern fabrics, mostly Valori Wells. The sewing was quite compulsive. I didn't want a straight line sashing so like this higgledy piggledly setting. I also made myself use some long (10 years +) hoarded aubergine tone on tone for the frames.

No comments: