Sunday 27 September 2015

Oast Day

Maggie in the middle, Mary I on the left and me, another Mary, on the right.

The Oast meeting lasted all day with friend Maggie in the morning and Ruth Singer in the afternoon. Our Queen Beez group quilt masterminded by Maggie and inspired by Petra Prins was on display so it was a chance to photograph all three of us in front of it. The Judges Merit rosette was won at Sandown. On the other side of the stage was Maggie's wonderful Medieval Alphabet quilt based on an Eileen Campbell pattern but with many blocks of her own design including one depicting herself and her husband.
Maggie's Medieval Alphabet Quilt

Detail

From the sublime to the ridiculous I finally finished a  Wool felt applique piece which was a kit in a Houston workshop. It's nothing I would have chosen to make but I'm like a bear with a sore head if I don't have any hand sewing to do in the evening, now my present condition.
Detail

Father Christmas applique panel

2 comments:

Julie Fukuda said...

Great picture and what an amazing quilt your friend came up with.
I need my handwork fix too.

JoZart Designs said...

Lovely to see your results and congratulations to all. The mediaeval quilt is stunning.
Jo x