Wednesday 17 December 2014

Bag Days

Adding strips from left to right, quilt as you go, on
backing (bag lining) and wadding.



































Along with U3A patchworkers I have been making bags based closely on a Sally Ablett pattern from Popular Patchwork September 2009 p.36 and shown on the front cover. It uses lots of fabrics hugger mugger from a Fabric Freedom line. This has become my most used bag making  method and I've made lots, not necessarily using strips, for tombolas and fund raising tables. In the first session we learned about joining strips at a 45 degree angle, also useful for binding strips and strippy QAYG.





Joining the strips all the same way using a drawn line.


I use this a lot

This went on a bag tombola and I saw
someone using it, a thrill!

This is a recent favourite, much
in use.

Bargello version with vilene
interfacing, given for fundraising.

A scan of a photo of a b/w version
for Oast bag tombola.

No comments: