Monday 28 April 2014

Something old, something new

U3A blocks

I am currently processing the blocks made in successive years to teach U3A beginners and joining them quilt as you go. It was nice quilting the individual blocks and it's been good to have some hand sewing in front of the TV as I catch down the strips on the back but it's a long process of start and stop. When this picture was taken I was down to the last four sections (notice I do 3+2 and 2+3). Now I am sewing the last seam across the width of the quilt. Given the size (75x90"), I've decided not to add a border. I'm not too keen on this quilt; I like the green one that is at an earlier stage (not shown) better.
I took part in an extended show and tell session and brought down one of my Mary's Triangles quilts down from loft where it's kept with my son's things. It's been washed and is  enjoying a spell in the limelight on my bed. It was quilted at Kokopelli quilting in Albuquerque.
Stephen's quilt

detail of repeated unit

No comments: