Friday 8 February 2013

2b variation

Four blue 2.5" sqs. with drawn diagonal lines

Squares laid out on corners ready to sew along the drawn lines.

3 squares flipped over and pressed to form triangle corners. One more to do.

As a 12" (finished) Rail Fence is rather plain I thought I would introduce a variant using a technique that will crop up later in the sequence.
I made the the strip squares using 2.5" strips sewn together and subcut into 6.5" (unfinished) squares. I also cut four 2.5"  blue squares and drew a diagonal line across and laid them on the  centre corners of the strip squares and sewed along the drawn line. Then I flipped the flap over to form a triangle corner. Although this technique is wasteful of fabric it appears in many patterns and is quick and easy to explain.

No comments: