Wednesday 16 January 2013

Spooling

On Saturday I attended an Oast Quilters Spools workshop taught by Carolyn Forster. It's my second class with her and once again it was a lovely day. One of the  best things is seeing  the beautiful quilts she brings along to show us, Spools quilts of course but as we were using jelly rolls to make our spools she later brought out the  quilts from her Jelly Rolls book .
Carolyn and quilt

It was fun seeing all the different "looks" according to fabric choices. My humble aim was to make a cushion cover and I finished my quota of blocks on the day, having learned minutely how to tackle inset seams, a transferable skill.
My cushion cover made from Cherrywoods

Another participant's blocks

Tracy's, using 1930's reproductions.

2 comments:

Julie Fukuda said...

Fun, and great results!

Judi said...

Mary, I love your blocks, which I didn't get to see on the day.

Like you, I loved the spots/plain dark grey combination which was super-effective.

Tracy's 30's blocks were lovely - and she works so fast!