Saturday 16 June 2012

On going

Bryn's blocks



















I've made 35 blocks for Bryn's quilt - very subdued and masculine. I intend to add small brighter triangles to the corners but haven't auditioned the fabric choices for these yet.
Cherrywood Blocks







As I'm meeting up with the Usual Suspects on Tuesday and our charity group project is dragging on a bit. I thought I should make a concerted effort to move it along. It's constructed quilt as you go so I'm about to sit down and catch down the back joining pieces.
On another note we went to the Turner Gallery in Margate today and saw the Tracy Emin exhibition and for two days only a huge image of the queen made up of lots of smaller images, a technique I've seen used for quilts. This had attracted masses of visitors and even coach parties but the crowd parted briefly so I took my snap.
Her Majesty

Turner Gallery, Margate with Oympic Festival logo.

1 comment:

cityquilter grace said...

love those blue plaids, and wow, scenes of royalty!