Wednesday 13 June 2012

Dresden Plate


Four of us decided to give the Dresden plate pattern a go. I drafted my circles using a  compass and the wedges with a protractor then a pin tin lid for the the outer curves. I made templates from heat resistant templar, used them to cut the sections with a seam allowance  and then  pressed the top and bottom curves over the templar. I machined the straight seams and appliqued the curves. Much easier than I thought and it's just right for my rocking chair. The wedge fabrics were poached from 6" squares which were part of a Civil War swap.









Hand quilted

3 comments:

Julie Fukuda said...

That makes a lovely cushion. I like that combination of fabric.

Nancy Near Philadelphia said...

Oh, it is just lovely.

Maggi said...

Looks beautiful in those colours