Friday 25 March 2011

Spring Start & Finish


I went to a class yesterday and was able to hand my Lilac  Linus and HST quilt over to a participant who is in the same group as our local Linus lady but unfortunately I still had a bit of binding to sew down on this one which I finished last night. It's made from 10 blocks collected from the Linus stand at Festival of Quilts here in the UK to which I added the pelican and the lighthouse both from Quiltmaker magazine (109 & 110). It's number 103 (d) on the Quilts of Mine list. I group smaller quilts and quilts others have had a hand in under one numder but make sure the total adds up to a good size bed quilt equivalent. This one measures 44 by 58 inches.
As for the Spring start? I went on a farm visit with 8 other U3A members this morning and saw this second of twins being born very quickly. I also show a cleaned up version. It was a perfect warm Spring day and we learnt a lot and got the chance to bottle feed the orphans.

New life

Mother and child

1 comment:

Julie Fukuda said...

Such a charming finish. Won't that be something for a child to treasure. I envy you all your group connections. It makes me want to hop on the next ship in that direction...