Thursday 6 January 2011

Twelfth Night


I sewed down the last of the binding on this quilt yesterday so I shall call it Twelfth Night. I'll get round to a label and sleeve later. It is very much a scrap quilt and I still have LOTS of scraps; this quilt and another one I made with the values reversed seem to have made scarcely a dent. My final finish for last year used up the last of the HST's I made for this quilt and I have a smallish top made from yet more. 
The pattern is from Scrap Quilt Sensation by Katherine Guerrier.  http://www.katharineguerrier.com/ 
However, I have had enough of so scrappy quilts for now.
I have been slow off the mark blogging this year as the beginning was spoiled by the death of a favourite Archers character. For the unenlightened The Archers is a 15 minute Radio drama  which has been going for 60 years.  The actor playing the part of the departed had been on it for 27 years. My husband has been listening for 59 years since he was a child   and I for 43 or so and an original cast member is still on the show. You can listen on the Listen Again section of the BBC Radio Four site and there is a weekly omnibus edition. I'm sure the internet was invented so that expats didn't need to have tapes mailed out to them.http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/programmes
It's usually quite boring and that's what people like about it.

4 comments:

Nancy Near Philadelphia said...

LOVE the quilt.

Julie Fukuda said...

Great finish on a great scrappy quilt with a perfect name!

Angie said...

Your quilt is fabulous! Well done you....

Plum Cox said...

Fabulous quilt!
I was shocked by Nigel's death too - not the celebration of 60 years on the radio that one might expect!