Sunday 16 January 2011

Farnham Maltings

I went to Farnham Maltings today for a one day annual event where quilt shops sell their sale fabrics downstairs and local quilt groups mount exhibitions and demonstrations upstairs. Downstairs was packed and I left most of my shopping till later in the day. Upstairs was busy but I could enjoy the quilts, watch the demonstrations and purchase some useful handouts.

Helen Deighan's stand



piano cover
 I especially admired the piano cover made by Farnham quilters - quite beautiful and the longarm quilting by Brigitte Gillespie includes treble clef motifs. The piano is in a cafe area and throughfare so the cover will protect the polished surface from finger smudges and objects placed on top and prevent people fingering the lid!

1 comment:

Julie Fukuda said...

That looks like a neat place to hang out. Smart idea for a cover for the piano if it is in a place that gets that kind of action.My upright suffered from my husband's coffee cup and ice-water glass and that is why I now make quilted tablecloths.