Thursday 25 November 2010

Sewing Room Makeover

Well not quite. Last week my adjustable height table arrived. To get it into the room I had to singlehandedly move this large (very) solid bookcase out of the way. Having taken off all the books etc I took the opportunity to have a huge weed of books I have read and old knitting books.
This gave me space to range all my quilt books in alphabetical author order. I've always had a printed list but finding a title was always difficult. Now my shelves no longer look like this:
but like this:

1 comment:

Julie Fukuda said...

Wow, that must have been a challenge! I have a bookcase like that too and, being a librarian, want to keep it in order so I can find what I want without wasting time. Arranging by author is not too helpful to me. By title is a bit more useful but I have been thinking of pulling some books by subject and making a new shelf for those groupings such as crazy quilts, Molas, scrap quilts, etc. where the titles might not put them all together.
Isn't it interesting how one project leads to another?