Monday 4 October 2010

Quay Quilters Workshop

Cilla came to show our Quay Quilters Group how to make a "Little Treasure" last Saturday. We used fusible flexifirm as the sandwich filling. It was a good way to practise machine quilting on a small scale. I used curlicues for the treasure in the morning and squarish designs for the vase in the afternoon.

I didn't finish the vase in the afternoon because my beloved old Bernina seized up. I suspect it may be something to do with the tinsel like metallic thread I was using to quilt with. It was serviced last year and I regularly clean and oil. I do hope it can be mended. Anyway here are our efforts spread out at the end of the afternoon; my "vase" is the green one nearest the camera.

The Traditional Quilt Group's tombola theme at Festival of Quilts next year will be "Put 'em ins". These two items will be part of my contribution.

No comments: