Monday 26 July 2010

Sisters Trip 02

Monday, the first full day in Sisters was a workshop day. I had a very enjoyable time in Judy Johnson's "Floral Remix" workshop which involved stacks of four repeating strips cut into four squares which were combined into blocks. Judy was a very thorough teacher who provided chunks of tuition throughout the day so the information was easy to absorb. I asked permission to take photos for my blog and from Judy's many varied examples have chosen a very tasteful monochromatic quilt. Class star was Deanna with sensational huge scale poppy and sunflower fabric. Her blocks looked very different. Much hilarity when the design board collapsed (mostly on me) and blocks flew everywhere. I had found it hard to track down a 24" repeat fabric and was not very keen on the pink lilies on an aubergine background but in a workshop setting ("across a crowded room") they made quite an impression. I've since sewn up the rest of my squares and together with some setting blocks they will make a useful sized quilt to sell or for a Linus teenager teenager quilt. I'd like to try this technique with some good taste fabric.
I can't resist a picture taken during our drive across the Cascades from Eugene. The lava fields took us by surprise.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.