Monday 31 May 2010

Disappearing Nine Patch Basic 01


Our Oast Quilters Showcase of quilts etc. here in Canterbury UK is coming up next weekend and we're  going to have demonstrations as well as a sales table, raffle, bag tombola, traders, refreshments, patchwork kits, try your hand at quilting stand  and so on. Lots to do. Link here: Oast Quilters Showcase
Anyway I'm going to do a demonstration and thought I should repeat something I've done workshops on in the past. However, all those workshop quilts were made for charity so I no longer have them as samples so I've embarked on a bit more sewing trying up to use more of my store of charity fabrics.
First I sewed a nine patch from 5" squares.

Then I cut it in two vertically and horizontally. It's
best to check the actual rather theoretical width of the side squares so your cut lands exactly in the middle. It can help to use two rulers measuring from each edge.

No comments: