Monday 12 January 2009

Doing a runner 2






I've almost finished the two sided bedside chest runner I've been making. I learnt how to make the first one with friend Marion and the original is a project in Australian Patchwork and Quilting Vol. 8 No. 1. You will see there is a square in the centre on one side and strips on the other, then strips on the first side and triangle pieces on the the other and so on vice versa till all is complete. Stitching and flipping the strips on one side forms the qulting pattern on the reverse. I chose fabrics so that a single bobbin thread would be all right to show on both sides so I didn't have to keep changing. The wadding is medium weight vilene and it makes for very nice flat thin feel to the mat.

1 comment:

Janovi said...

I love the colors!! I must learn to put colors like that together. Beautiful!