Saturday 18 October 2008

Houston stars





Gwenfai Rees Griffiths' pattern for Houston Stars came out in the British Patchwork and Quilting magazine over several months in 2002. I began it then but there was a mistake in the first month's instructions and, discouraged, I laid it aside only to take it up again when four of us Log Cabin Quilters decided to make it our project and all of us needed the encouragement and urging of the others to get on and keep up. At last the end is in sight. I have pieced my centre, just borders to add. I have used Christmas colours but show Mavis's blocks in lovely pinks. The blocks have been joined using quilt as you go techniques and I'll show some photos of this process in forthcoming posts.

2 comments:

Helen Jukes said...

Does anyone know where I could get a pattern for the Houston Stars quilt as you go quilt? Photocopy gratefully received anything, I would just like to make this quilt! Helen

Anonymous said...

It is lots of sheets, I’m currently making it in a small social quilt group. Have most of the bits and am intending to collate the whole pattern when I’m finished. Really good skill builder project.