Wednesday 30 July 2008

Carnival Ride swap blocks



At the same time as I was was making the Quay quilt featuring the Carnival Ride block I was taking part in an internet friendship block swap (Pick'n'Mix an offshoot of the British Quilt List). There were 19 of us and every three weeks it would be the turn of one member to specify what she would like to receive in the way of blocks. At the end of the year it was time to complete a quilt and exhibit it at the Quilters' Guild Region 2 Show at Hever Castle - more about this later. This was in 2002 or so and my blocks have still to be made up. As we went along however I made lots of extra blocks, often giving the recipient a choice and I also made their block in my colours (mine was a water theme). The Quay Quilt was a useful source of block ideas and for Brigid I made a Carnival Ride block in her choice of colours - blue and sage green. The extra ones are shown here.
Extra Autumn blocks , a topic requested by three members, appear in my quilt for this year's group exhibit at Hever, still to be quilted. Eek! I have managed to sandwich it though since posting a photo of the top on Wednesday 4th June.

No comments: