Sunday 25 May 2008

SEW AND FLIP QUILT CONSTRUCTION






This is the third Linus quilt I'm working on. I have a back of limited size and my top threatens to overlap it. So I began by placing the the quilt back on my wadding and attaching it down with a glue spray. Then I sewed all round the edge with a large stitch and low tension. This means I can see where the back is when looking at the front. I then sewed on the label and drew lines down the middle horizontally and vertically and on either side of the centre drew in the lines to indicate where to place the first strip. Then I drew where subsequent strips will be placed - I was using a child's pink felt tip for the drawing so it may not show on the photos. Tomorrow I shall start sewing and flipping the bands thus doing some of the quilting as I go.

No comments: