Tuesday 26 February 2008

TWISTED SISTERS

In March 2007 as a 60th birthday present to myself I attended Ami Simms workshops at a Cabot Conference in Bristol. They were great fun and although I am showing my work here you really need the pattern to get the most out of this technique. Ami gives lots of variations and ideas for using these shapes and in her class we learnt still more, laughing all the time!
I was very pleased (for once) with my choice of fabrics: African indigo type prints by the Three Cats company and others (bought from Maggi Relph of the African Quilt shop on the internet and at shows), Oakshott shot navy cotton (the amount I had determined howmany blocks I could complete out here) and an old fashioned scarlet print.
I made several blocks on the day and brought one out here to Oz as an example and made 20 more. I'd like this quilt for our bed so will get some more of the shot cotton when I get back. They source their fabric from India very much on a fair trade basis and the colours and quality are lovely.
So this was my second task downunder now ready to post home.

1 comment:

AmiSimms said...

Quayquilter,
You did a gret job in class! Well done! I'm looking forward to seeing your Twisted Sisters quilt quilted. Do send me a photo so I can put it on my web site.

Hugs,
Ami